Each year, Sumter County Opportunity, Inc. serves approximately five hundred pre-school children (0-5 years) from income eligible families; facilitating community-wide outreach throughout thirteen remote locations; covering the five Counties of Sumter, Choctaw, Marengo, Dallas and Wilcox, in Western Alabama.
Children learn best when they are having fun doing something in which they are interested in.
Head Start and Early Head Start provide free learning and development services to children ages birth to five and pregnant women from low income families. Your local Head Start or Early Head Start program determines eligibility. Call 205.652.4477 for any questions, or to schedule an appointment. Or download the Enrollment Application for Printing and Completion for submission.
In general, eligibility is based on family income at or below the poverty level. Families with other situations including homelessness, and children in foster care, or receiving SSI or TANF also are eligible.
It is very important to contact the Head Start or Early Head Start Headquarters to find out about the local requirements for enrolling your child. Due to limited Head Start funding, there are not enough spaces for all eligible children. If there is not a space for you and your child at this time, ask the program representative to put your family on the waiting list.
You must apply to a Head Start or Early Head Start program in your community, closest to where you live.
Click on the Application above to open the eForm Application to complete online, or select "Download Form" to download and print a copy of the form to complete by handwriting. When using the online eForm, be sure to "SAVE" a copy of the eForm for either printing or e-mailing your completed eForm to: enrollment@ sumtercountyopportunity.org You may select the "envelope icon" on the upper right of the form to send as an e-mail attachment directly from within the eForm.
If you have any questions, please contact our Office at 205.652.4477 for a Program Representative who will provide the required forms and answer your questions. They also tell what documents you should bring with you to apply.
Just follow the Steps below to begin your Head Start Application:
You must register at our Headquarters for the program in your local community.
A. For Desktop and / or Laptop Computers,
1. Open the Enroll Application in Adobe Acrobat Reader to activate the Fillable Form Online. Please Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader does not allow you to Select "SAVE AS" to capture your data and keep copy for record.
2. Instead, Select "PRINT" and choose "Save As PDF" to SAVE your completed Document.
3. If you want to start over, Select "CLEAR" to reset form.
4. Once you are finished completing your Application, Select "SUBMIT" for online submission. Please send e-mail copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to cc: an e-mail copy to yourself.
B. For Tablets or Mobile Smartphones / Devices,
1 Download the Adobe Acrobat Reader App. Click on the Enrollment Application to open Document; and select the "Share" Icon to send "Copy to Adobe Acrobat Reader" to activate the Fillable Form Online.
2. If you want to start over, Select "CLEAR" to reset form. Please Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader does not allow you to Select "SAVE AS" to capture your data and keep a copy for your record.
3 Instead Select the "Share" icon and store a copy of your completed Application on your device or in your cloud storage.
4 Once you have completed your Application, Select "SUBMIT" for online submission. Please send e-mail e-mail copy to: email@example.com and remember to cc: and e-mail copy to yourself for additional record.